The Comb Generator Emitter 01 (CGE01) is a compact, battery-powered, reference signal source that generates a broadband radiated and/or conducted output up to 18 GHz. When used as a verification reference source, the known output allows unknowns within systems or components to be measured or calculated. The compact size allows small enclosures to be evaluated when used as a reference source for shielding effectiveness measurements.
The CGE01 can be supplied with a 50 Ω SMA output connector (CGE01C) for direct connection to conducted test systems, or to an external antenna in order to generate test fields for evaluating radiated emission test systems. Alternatively, to achieve the best repeatability and compactness for purely radiated applications, the CGE01 can be supplied with an integrated antenna (CGE01R).
The CGE01 harmonic steps can be switched between 80 MHz and 100 MHz as standard, allowing more frequency points to be measured than is possible with a fixed-frequency source. A 50 MHz/80 MHz step option is available by special request, allowing measurements compliant with chamber validations above 1 GHz according to CISPR 16.
- 50 MHz to 18 GHz direct connection into a 50 Ω system
- 1 GHz to 18 GHz radiated using the integral antenna (CGE01R) or additional monocone antenna (CGE01C)
- 80 MHz or 100 MHz switchable (50 MHz or 80 MHz switchable version available to special order)
- 50 Ω SMA socket (CGE01C only)
- 1 to 16 GHz: <0.5 dB, or 100 MHz to 18 GHz: <2 dB, at an ambient temperature of 15 °C to 35 °C
- Typically <1 dB over a 12 month period