The CGE05 26 GHz Comb Emitter Generator is a broadband reference comb source producing frequencies within the 434 MHz to 26 GHz range, with two step sizes selectable by the user.
It is the ideal reference source for carrying out checks on fully- or semi-anechoic chambers and other E-field test environments. The CGE05 is compact and can be run from a mains power adapter (supplied) or independently from the PPU01 battery pack to minimise the effect of cabling when characterising an electromagnetic environment.
The generator unit is housed in a metal enclosure so that it can be mounted in direct electrical contact with a ground plane, as may be required by some tests.The comb signal allows both the reference and noise floor signal levels to be viewed simultaneously, aiding dynamic range measurements.
The CGE05 is equipped with a precision SMA output connector to which an antenna can be fitted for generating radiating E-fields.
- Conducted 434 GHz to 26 GHz direct connection into 50Ω system
- Radiated 1 GHz to 26 GHz radiated using MCN02 monocone antenna
- Conducted 60 dBµV min. into 50 Ω system for 90% of combs up to 26 GHz
Comb signal step size
- Comb Mode 1 – 434 MHz base frequency 434 MHz, 868 MHz, … 25.606 GHz
- Comb Mode 2 – 0.5 GHz base frequency 0.5 GHz, 1 GHz, … 26 GHz
15°C to 30°C <+/-1 dB, 0.5 GHz to 26 GHz
5°C to 40°C <+/-1.5 dB, 0.5 GHz to 26 GHz
- Frequency 5°C to 40°C <+/- 30 ppm max, <+/- 10 ppm typ
- Time <1 dB (typical over 12 month period)
- Battery powered 10 hours typical with fully charged PPU01
- 50 Ω precision SMA jack